COFFEE EDUCATOR / BARISTA TRAINER – ARLINGTON, TX | Full Time, Relocation Assets Available
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter with a natural entrepreneurial spirit and talent for motivating others. Join us in our mission to grow the reach and success rate of independently owned specialty coffee shops around America. Veterans, teachers, salespeople, baristas, bartenders, rocket scientists, ranch hands, accountants – it doesn’t matter what background you come from. We want someone with the hunger and personal drive to be the best, so we won’t isolate ourselves to only considering people from the specialty coffee industry. All backgrounds welcome to apply as long as you are passionate about specialty coffee and have a positive “can-do” attitude and a constant desire to learn, grow, prove, and improve. Strong communication skills and ability to motivate and lead others is a must.
POSITION DETAILS: The Coffee Educator position will teach Texas Coffee School coffee education, barista training, and coffee business classes in conjunction with assisting in day-to-day operations, customer service, office support, and coffee business consulting projects. This position requires strong public speaking and communication skills, with a natural ability to grasp advanced concepts quickly, and help others understand them through more approachable methods of explanation and communication. This employee must have open availability. Professional teaching, training, leadership, and coffee experience are all pluses!
This position offers plenty of opportunity for growth within our steadily growing company and affords you the ability to take your career to the next level. This role is based out of our Arlington, Texas (DFW Metroplex) location, and will require some weekend work every month. (We communicate work schedule the month in advance.) We are big on quality of life and will provide some opportunities to work from home and to grow professionally through traveling and involvement at industry events and educational opportunities around the country.
Fair and competitive compensation will be based on relevant experience and candidate’s ability to shine within our team. 10 days paid time off will be offered after 6 months of employment with potential to increase after first year. Multiple company paid holidays every year. Company cell phone, computer, and home coffee brewing equipment will be provided while employed. Lunches will be provided on class days when student lunches are being provided.
We’ve never received a negative review in our 9 year history of being in business. As a team we operate at the absolute highest level and we hold ourselves accountable for being the best at what we do everyday. Do you have what it takes?
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, fill out the application below, and upload your cover letter + resume (in PDF format).
- Lead professional coffee education and barista training classes, along with consumer coffee classes after completing internal training program
- Assist on private training and consulting projects
- Collaborate with leadership to expand and improve our programs
- Prepare and cleanup all classes
- Print and bind all training materials
- Answer phones, answer questions about classes, assist with student registrations
- Travel to local and national industry events and represent Texas Coffee School
- Assist management with additional tasks as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the above-mentioned duties successfully.
- Demonstrate a passion for coffee and teaching
- Strong/confident public speaking and communication skills in front of a group
- Natural ability to grasp advanced concepts quickly, and help others understand them through more approachable methods of explanation and communication
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining timelines/deadlines
- Proactive, and assertive, able to effectively manage a variety of tasks, that can change from week to week
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and sense of patience when teaching and helping customers
- Ability to quickly learn our teaching system and deploy it with attention to detail for a consistent and effective student learning experience from class to class.
- Logical and methodological approach to problem solving
- Familiarity with Mac computers/software (Mail, Pages, Numbers, WordPress)
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear
- The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding and register).